Fastoe RetroPie Preloaded Games MicroSD Card Quick Start Guideby Alan Pfahler on August 20, 2021
Fastoe RetroPie SD Card allows you to turn your Raspberry Pi into a retro-gaming machine. It builds upon Raspbian, EmulationStation, RetroArch and many other projects to enable you to play your favourite Arcade, home-console, and classic PC games with the minimum set-up.
|Capacity||RetroPie Version||Number of Games||SSH Username||SSH Password|
Compatible with the following Raspberry Pi models:
- Raspberry Pi 400
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ 1GB
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B 1GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 1GB
Using Your RetroPie Preloaded SD Card
- Remove the existing microSD card from the SD slot.
- Insert the Fastoe RetroPie SD card into your Raspberry Pi. Note: Check whether the RetroPie SD card model is compatible with your Raspberry Pi, for example, if you have a Raspberry Pi 4, please select the Raspberry Pi 4/400 model.
- Plug the power supply into a socket and connect it to your Raspberry Pi’s power port.
- Use a HDMI cable to connect the screen to Raspberry Pi’s HDMI port.
- Turn on the power and wait for the system to start.
- On first boot you will be welcomed with the screen below, this menu will configure your controls for EmulationStation.
Note: We highly recommend that you install heat sinks and cooling fan, and choose the official power supply for Raspberry Pi.
Why Raspberry Pi 4/400 black screen after boot?
Make sure HDMI is plugged in properly:
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B: display must be connected to HDMI port closest to power jack.
- Raspberry Pi 400: display must be connected to HDMI port closest to micro SD card slot.
How do I reconfigure my controller on RetroPie?
SSH in Raspberry Pi, run
sudo ~/RetroPie-Setup/retropie_setup.sh and go to Emulation Station configuration via
Manage Packages -> Manage Core Packages -> emulationstation (Installed) -> Configurations / Options (it may also be named Configurations / Tools) -> Clear/Reset Emulation Station input configuration
OK to proceed to clear the controller settings.
How to start the game?
How to exit the game?
How to save/load game records?
How to switch the audio output between jack and HDMI?
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.